October 10, 2011 by WITS Editor
Writers in the Schools (WITS) is offering a second price reduction for qualifying schools.Through a generous donation from the Simmons Foundation, Writers in the Schools (WITS) announces a second price reduction for the 2011-2012 school year. The new price—which is nearly half of last year’s fee—is available for Title 1 schools with 60% or more students eligible for the free/reduced lunch plan. The discount is available on a first-come first-served basis.
Why consider WITS? Research has shown that students who complete the WITS program perform better on standardized tests than their counterparts. Over 10 years of data collected by University of St. Thomas Professor Dr. Carl Scott indicates that students who complete the WITS program demonstrate:
- improved writing skills
- greater self-efficacy, and
- higher test scores
than those who did not participate in the program. In a new study called “The Effect of Creative Learning on Student Achievement” by the Houston Arts Partners found that WITS students maintain:
- Increased attendance
- Better behavior in school
If you choose WITS for your school, we will tailor the project to fit your needs.. The cost of the program includes:
- Professional writers who teach the writing process from a practitioner’s expert point of view
- Bilingual writing teachers (upon request)
- Optional field trip to a local art museum or other cultural venue, and
- Publications of student writing free-of-charge for every participating student.